Are you eligible for membership?
Creative Arts Savings & Credit Union is a cooperatively run banking institution chartered in 2008 for the benefit of individuals employed in, and organizations serving the creative arts. Immediate family members of qualified members are also eligible to join.
Who can join
Any person residing or employed in Canada who earns all or any portion of their income from any creative art is eligible to join, whether as an individual, sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation or unincorporated association. This includes singers, songwriters, musicians, producers, dancers, actors and visual artists to name a few, as well as qualified members and employees of, 1) the following organizations or, 2) any entities associated with these organizations;
- Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists (ACTRA)
- Actra Fraternal Benefit Society (AFBS)
- Canadian Actors' Equity Association
- Canadian Federation of Musicians (CFM)
- Directors Guild of Canada (DGC)
- International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, Moving Picture Technicians, Artists and Allied Crafts (IATSE)
- National Association of Broadcast Employees and Technicians (NABET)
- Talent Agents & Managers Association of Canada (TAMAC)
- Entertainment Industry Coalition Agency Association (EICAA)
Don't forget, immediate family members of qualified members are also eligible to join.
Join us today!
If you're interested in joining Creative Arts and experiencing first-hand the outstanding banking service we provide, complete a membership application now. There’s no obligation. We will contact you within two business days to review your application, fulfill the regulatory identification requirements, discuss your product interests, and arrange for your membership share deposit, a debit card, a PIN and a private access code for Internet banking.
Owner Share Investment
When you join a credit union, you are more than a customer – you become an owner and voting member of a co-operative. Each Creative Arts member is required to maintain a minimum investment of $25 in Owner Shares. This investment is not a fee – it represents your membership in, and ownership of the Credit Union. This investment belongs to you, and is refundable to you if you close your membership. In addition, Owner Shares may earn annual dividends, at the discretion of the board of directors.